Including your kids, while you cook is an enjoyable experience. It helps your kid learn some important life skills while also giving you something to bond over. It is better to not give your child a free control, they should cook under your supervision. Initially, let them help you and later you can teach them some easy-to-make food recipes that they can try on their own.
Most kids complain when eating vegetables, but if you include the kids while making a special dish using those vegetables, chances are they won’t fuss about it. Letting your baby have a say in what ingredients should go into certain dishes will make it fun for him, and he will start having fruits and vegetables.
When getting your child involved in cooking, start with recipes that are easy for them to get the hang of as getting something right will make your child more excited and interested in trying it again.
Here are two easy cooking recipe for kids:
Carrot and Chutney Sandwiches
Carrots are full of nutrients. I am sure your little one will love this simple carrot and chutney sandwich recipe that they can make and enjoy any time.
- One cup grated carrots
- Four tablespoons of green chutney/sauce
- Twelve slices of whole wheat bread
- Two tablespoons of mayonnaise
- One cup grated paneer/cottage cheese
Time Needed: Twenty minutes
Servings: Serves Four
How To Make:
- Take the grated carrot in a bowl, add mayonnaise and salt to it, and mix well.
- Add grated paneer, green chutney, and salt in a different bowl and mix well.
- One sandwich will require three slices of bread. Take one slice of bread and spread the carrot mixture.
- Cover it with another slice of bread and then spread the green chutney and paneer mixture on that slice, and finally place the last slice of bread on top.
- Trim off the crusts if you want and enjoy the delicious sandwich.
Paneer Mac is absolutely easy to make. Not only is it quick, but it is utterly delicious!
- ½ pound macaroni
- Shredded paneer
- One cup of milk
- One small capsicum (chopped)
Time Needed: Ten minutes
Serving: Serves four
How To Make
- Take water and place macaroni in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for approximately three minutes.
- Remove the bowl of macaroni and stir.
- Microwave it till the water gets absorbed into the macaroni.
- Add milk, paneer, and capsicum and microwave for another couple of minutes.
- Take the bowl out, season with some salt and pepper and mix well. Your panner mac will be ready to enjoy.
Hope you have fun in the kitchen making these dishes with your kids. Do let us know how you like it.